(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Understand the fundamentals of C# programming and get started with coding from ground up with this engaging and practical guide
- Get up to speed with software development concepts at a macro level
- Leverage the power of C# in solving complex programming problems
- Script and customize your 3D games and implement animation techniques to make them engaging
Learning to program can be a daunting task in the current IT landscape, especially with the wide variety of languages you have to choose from. With this book, you’ll get off to a steady start through practical insights into game development with Unity.
You’ll begin by learning the building blocks of programming, right from variables, methods, and conditional statements through to classes and object-oriented systems. After getting up to speed with the basics, you’ll explore the Unity interface, and soon understand how to create C# scripts and translate your newfound knowledge into simple game mechanics. All along, you’ll gain hands-on experience with programming best practices and macro-level topics such as manager classes and flexible application architecture.
By the end of this Unity book, you’ll be well-versed with intermediate-level C# topics such as generics, delegates, and events, and have the skills you need to manage your own projects.
What you will learn
- Understand programming fundamentals with practice examples in C#
- Explore Unity 2019’s interface and features
- Learn C# programming syntax from scratch
- Create a game design document and prototype level
- Discover intermediate-level programming topics and best practices
- Implement game mechanics, interactions, and UI elements with C#
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, programmers, or anyone who wants to get started with C# programming in a fun and engaging manner, and create games and script in C# language and Unity. Prior experience in programming or Unity is not required.
Table of Contents
- Getting to Know your Environment
- The Building Blocks of Programming
- Diving into Variables, Types and Methods
- Control Flow and Collection Types
- Working with Classes, Structs and OOP
- Getting Your Hands Dirty with Unity
- Movement, Camera Controls, and Collisions
- Scripting Game Mechanics
- Basic AI and Enemy Behavior
- Revisiting Types, Methods and Classes
- Exploring Generics, Delegates, and Beyond
- The Journey continues