Whether you're surfing the North Shores of Oahu, boarding the year around slopes of Mt. Hood, or trekking across the campuses at Colorado State; a Dakine Heli Pro backpack might just be your most coveted companion. Listed at around $ 85 and offering a limited lifetime warranty, you cannot go wrong adding the Dakine Heli Pro to your list of "most wanted" outdoor gear. The Heli Pro is a mixture of functional technical design, versatile "carry" features, and colorful stylistic charm.
For starters, the Dakine Heli Pro is constructed with 600D Polyester. This is a PVC-free material that is similar to nylon in strength and density but more durable and environmentally friendly. The dimensions of the pack are 28 "X11" X5.5 ". The main compartment of the pack is padded and can handle up to a 15" laptop with room to spare. Other great technical features include:
* Snow tool / shovel pocket designed to house digging and probing tools for those dangerous moments in the back country powder
* Fleece lined pockets to protect eyewear such as goggles and sunglasses
* Insulated hydro sleeve on shoulder strap for non-stop hydration access
* Hydration pocket to carry liquid bladders
* Padded back with zippered access
* Integrated rescue whistle / sternum strap
Carry System Features
All Dakine Heli Pro backpacks have specific integrated great "carry system" features essential for load balance, safety, and maneuverability. When choosing a backpack, it is very important to consider what purpose it is going to serve. If you need to carry books to class or beer to the game, most any pack will do. However, if you want a pack that can carry your books, beer, snowboard, and ice ax; then you'll likely need a pack with a versatile carry system. Most Heli Pros come with the following carry system features:
* Vertical and horizontal snowboard carry to conveniently tote your board on your back so your hands and feet are free to maneuver the elements
* Retractable cable ski carry that secure skis into A-frame or diagonal formations for better balance when hiking up to a lift, or maneuvering a creek on a cross-country trek
* Quick draw ice ax sleeve for immediate access when the going gets rough and you might need to hang on tight
Cultural Charm / Eye-Catching Colors
The Dakine Heli Pro has a combination of great looks and trendy appeal for both man and women. The Dakine marketing experts put a lot of emphasis researching changes in current trends and cultural nuances. With a choice of 8 different colors and patterns, it's easy to find a pack that will appeal to your personal preferences.